NBC Virtual Sellback Student FAQ
How do I Create a Sellback Transaction?
To create your transaction, follow these steps:
- Search the ISBN(s) for the book(s) you would like to sell. If we are buying the book, you will see a quote for the ISBN(s).
- If you don’t already have an account, you must create one. It is imperative that you double check to ensure all payee and mailing information is entered correctly because that is where payment will be sent.
- Upon submitting your transaction, print and enclose your packing list in the package. If you do not include the packing list with your books, you may not be credited for the sellback. If you are sending multiple packages, please place a copy of the packing list in each package. Keep copies for yourself.
- Print the free shipping label provided and follow the instructions regarding mailing your package. Securely attach the label to the outside of the package. Make sure there is only one mailing label on the package you are using. Drop the package off at the nearest US Post office or blue post office drop box.
Who Should I Contact with Questions?back to top
How can I Find out the Status of my Sellback?back to top
Will you Accept All Books or Books in Any Condition?
No, we will not accept:
- International editions
- Instructor editions
- Counterfeit books
- Excessive stains or water damage
- Missing torn or loose pages or covers
- Broken spine or damaged binding
NOTE: Sellers accept full responsibility for shipping damaged or unaccepted books. Please ensure you are shipping the same ISBNs as are listed on your packing list. Textbook(s) identified as damaged or unacceptable upon receipt will yield no reimbursement and will not be returned to the seller.
Sellers take full responsibility for shipping incorrect or damaged books. Please ensure you are shipping the same ISBNs as are listed on your packing list. Textbook(s) identified as incorrect or damaged at the point of receipt will yield no reimbursement and will not be returned to the seller.back to top
What is an ISBN Number?
ISBN stands for International Standard Book Number. It is a unique identification number assigned to every book sold anywhere in the world. The ISBN allows a title to be located quickly and accurately, wherever it is sold.back to top
Where do I Find a Book's ISBN Number?
An ISBN is usually located on the back of a book, or you can find it in the inside front cover of your book near the copyright date. It does not matter if you use the 10- or 13-digit ISBN.back to top
Can I Use a Shipping Method Other than a Pre-Paid Label?
No, please use the shipping label provided.back to top
How and When Will I be Paid?
Your package with the provided shipping label can take 7-10 business to arrive in our receiving facility. After your book(s) is checked in, payment will be issued via check in 3-5 business days. You will receive your check within a week after we mail it. Please ensure the payee and address information you entered is correct before submitting your sellback transaction.
Canadian customers, please note all prices and payments are in U.S. dollars.back to top
What if I Accidentally Submit my Transaction with Duplicate or Unwanted Book(s) on it?
Don’t worry! We will only issue payment for the book(s) we receive. If you change your mind about about a book(s) you listed, simply don’t include the book(s) in the package you ship.back to top
What if I Want to Cancel my Sellback Transaction?
We only issue payment for transactions received, so there is nothing you need to do to cancel your transaction.back to top
Do not attempt to sell back a book that you rented from your campus store or any other source. Please contact your campus store or the vendor from whom you rented your book for instructions about how to make your return.back to top